Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Camping Trip

Ben and I had to go to Silver Spring last Friday to sign the lease for our new apartment. Afterwards, we went camping at Point Lookout State Park. It's located at the mouth of the Potomac, where it meets the Chesapeake Bay. We did some swimming, saw some wildlife, all in all it was a good time. I didn't manage to get pictures of most of the animals I saw, but there were ospreys, great blue herons, really huge skates, crabs, fish, a muskrat, a tree frog, and about a zillion mosquitos. Those little fuckers ate me alive.
Here's an osprey nest in the marsh.

I didn't want to bring the tetris project on the trip- I didn't want the wool yarn to get dirty. So, I brought some cotton and made some dishcloths for our new apartment. The first one I made was dolphin cloth and the second was an experiment with crocheting patterns on top of a knitted base. Normally I hate crocheting, but this technique was pretty cool.





So this Saturday we move. I really like our apartment in Silver Spring, too. Although it's small, it's pretty and right near the metro.

No comments: