Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blanket and more socks

Growing up on Cape Cod spoiled me. The summers are more mild than anywhere else on the east coast- 80 degrees is considered "wicked hot" and even in the most extreme heat waves the temperature rarely exceeds 85. Now Cape Cod, with its readily accessible beaches and idyllic weather, seems like a distant fairyland as I feel myself melting in Pittsburgh's 95-degree heat.

So, I've put off working on the blanket. It's just too hot. Now I'm working on another pair of socks instead. They're cute and summery, as well as easily portable. I can work on them outside or take them to an air-conditioned coffee shop.



The blanket has expanded since I last posted a photo of it, though. Here's what it looks like:



I'm guessing when it's finished it will be about as long as it is wide, but that really depends on how much yarn and patience I have. Right now I'm using the leftover yarn from Ben's green socks.

No comments: